We want to share your best Road Trip Tips and we'll give a free copy of The Big Lap DVD Series to the first 25 we publish . . .
Everyone's an expert at something, right?
What are you an expert at?
What nugget of gold, what juicy tip have you got that you could share with the Expedition Australia community of road trip lovers?
Maybe it’s a great camp oven recipe or a little known free camping spot . . . a mechanical tip or a way to save money on your trip.
Earlier this month we released our new eBook '22 Top Tips to Slash The Cost of your Big Lap Around Australia’ and it’s already been downloaded over 5000 times!
So it’s pretty clear to us that people are hungry for tips about how to save money and we reckon the same will apply to all areas of road tripping
So this week we’re launching our Road Trip Tips and we want you to be involved.
Send us your best tip and if we agree that’s it’s great we'll publish it and we’ll send you a copy of The Big Lap DVD Series - we have 50 copies to give away.
Your tip will be published permanently on our website and we’ll share it on our Facebook page.
The best ones will also make it into our eNewsletter which goes out to over 20,000 people.
We’ll also look for other ways to share your tips once we get going.
You’ll get the credit as the author and we’ll even include a link to your website or Facebook page if you want.
What type of tips are we looking for?
- Bush cooking recipes & tips
- Mechanical tips
- 4WDing tips
- Camp setup tips
- Money saving tips
- Secret free camping spots
- How to . . . . . . tips
- Camper trailer tips
- Caravan tips
- Photography tips
- Fishing tips
- Survival tips
. . . and pretty much any other type of tip that road trippers like us are going to find useful.
- How to make damper without a camp oven
- How to fix a flat tyre with a tyre plug
- How to reverse your caravan into a tight space
- How to photograph the night sky
- How to recover your bogged 4WD using your spare wheel
- How to make a camp oven from an old 9kg gas bottle
- How to smoke fish to preserve it
- How to catch mud crabs
As with all content on the internet, the cream rises to the top so the better your tip and the more effort you put into it, the more it will get shared and the more people will see it.
What’s the criteria for a tip?
- It needs to be a minimum of 200 words but can be longer if it needs to be
- We need at least one good photo or video from YouTube/Vimeo - they must be your original content
- If it's a video, we need the transcript as well or a version of the tip in writing so people can read it and Google can find it
- It must be original, something you’ve created - don’t just send us a link to someone else's content or copy and paste it from somewhere
- It must be different to the other tips we’ve already published
- It must be genuinely useful
Terms & Conditions
You can send us multiple tips and we may publish any or all of them but there is a limit of one Big Lap DVD per author.
We will only publish your tip if we think it's genuinely great. Tips that are obvious and common knowledge are not likely to be published. We're looking to uncover new ideas that most people probably wouldn't know about and would find really useful.
If you're not sure if your tip is what we’re looking for then shoot us an email with your idea first and we’ll see what we think of it.
Free DVD offer is limited to the first 25 authors who submit a Road Trip Tip that we publish.